Yes, tweeting and texting seem to be how so many like to communicate these days, but there’s one form of communication that still holds strong in business: the good old email.
The numbers tell the story: did you know that 91 percent of consumers check their email daily? If you’re a small business looking for an easy, affordable way to expand your reach, then this is probably music to your ears!! In addition, 66 percent of consumers have made a purchase online as a result of an email marketing message.
The best thing about email marketing? It’s affordable – and the return on investment is amazing! If you’re thinking about starting an email marketing campaign, here are 5 quick tips on getting started:
- Send out an introductory email to your list. This is a great way to remind your customers (and new subscribers) about your services and what your business has to offer.
- Be sure your email includes your company logo and branding, and use a consistent color scheme
- Ensure your email content is helpful and interesting to your readers. You want to keep your subscribers engaged in your email marketing campaigns, so keep your information relevant and interesting so that your readers will look forward to your emails.
- Readers are pressed for time: keep your content short and easy to read.
- Review and edit your email content for grammar and style.
There are lots of reasons why email marketing has become one of the preferred tools of choice for small businesses – especially those on a budget. Email marketing is the #1 direct channel preference for consumers to receive communications from brands. This can include all types of communications – promotions, coupons, newsletters, among others.
Whether you’re a local restaurant or an online apparel retailer, email marketing can serve your company well and drive traffic and sales! Talk with us if you’re looking for further assistance with your email marketing campaign.