In this day and age where more and more people are seeking a stronger work-life balance, it is becoming increasingly important for companies and organizations to promote a healthy work environment. From providing better benefits for families such as onsite daycare and gyms to more paid time off, organizations are always looking for better ways to improve morale and boost productivity, and ultimately retain their valuable workers. One simple way companies can improve that connection with employees is through an employee newsletter.
While all companies can benefit from the personal touch of an employee newsletter, larger companies and organizations can certainly derive the most benefits from a monthly or quarterly newsletter. According to one study, nearly 60 percent of communicators send some form of a newsletter to their employees.
Why is this important? Creating a strong internal line of communication among employees not only helps promote important company policies and procedures, but also boosts morale, and inevitably productivity. Having a strong company newsletter also helps connect your employees to the overall mission of your company, which drives your company forward!
If you’ve thought about creating an employee newsletter, here are five reasons you need to get started on one today:
- Share important company information among employees, such as new training procedures
- Announce uplifting news about fellow employees, such as anniversaries, birthdays, and new hires to provide that personal touch
- Give your employees the chance to contribute their own voice to the organization. You can try this by creating a small column specifically for employees to give their two cents, or invite them to submit their own article ideas
- Expand the mission of your company and provide an outlet to get your organization’s brand voice out to those who are a part of the day-to-day operations. It will also remind your employees of the great products and/or services your organization provides
- Provide important industry information and updates that will benefit your employees and help them perform their duties in an outstanding manner
Done effectively, an employee newsletter can bring great engagement and be a terrific way to open the lines of communication. For more information about our employee newsletter services, contact us today!