In case you haven’t noticed, we’re big fans of social media here at EDK! Whether it’s posting colorful images on Instagram, crafting an captivating post on Facebook, or tweeting away on Twitter, we know that social media marketing is the future. Business owners, regardless of the industry, can take advantage of the platforms to spread their brand message and promote themselves.
The worldwide numbers speak for themselves. Take a look at the facts:
- 2.3 billion social media users
- 1.97 billion active mobile social media users
- Since January 2015, the number of active social media users has grown 10 percent (219 million users)
- Since January 2015, the number of active mobile social media users has grown by 17 percent (283 million users)
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform in terms of active users, followed by YouTube and Twitter
- Pinterest, Tumblr, and Instagram are picking up steam as the fastest growing social media platforms.
Source: Global Web Index (GWI)
How can you argue with the potential of social media with numbers like this? Remember, social media is more than just sending a message or posting a picture. It’s about the conversation, the engagement, how visitors and fans interact that make the difference. With 91% of retail brands using at least two social media platforms, the evidence shows business is embracing the medium and making it their own.