Time to celebrate, Instagram! The ever popular and growing social media platform turns 5: it seems hard to recall a time when it wasn’t around, considering how popular the social media network is and how much a part of our daily lives it has become.
Did you know over 80 million photos are uploaded to the photo-sharing app daily? As social media marketers in the business space, we pour over what makes this social media network so effective in branding. Consider a few other facts about this massively popular social media network:
- There are over 400 million monthly active users on Instagram
- There are over 3.5 billion likes on photos every single day
- The countries with the most Instagram users? The U.S., Japan, and Brazil
- 70% of users check into Instagram at least once a day
Considering using Instagram as a platform to market your products or services? Instagram can be a very powerful medium to spread your message, as long as you keep in mind your target market. Here are a few things to keep in mind when posting:
- The peak of interactions on Instagram occur between 8-9 pm everyday
- Nearly 40% of Instagram users follow between 1-5 brands, while nearly a third follow more than 5 brand accounts
- About 64% of users are women, 36% men. Also about 73% of Instagram users are between the ages of 15-35 years old
- 66% percent of users follow a brand for rewards or promotions
Instagram is the fastest growing social media network, and serves to be a great way to gain visibility with customers. Whether you’re looking to grow your brand’s awareness online or want to engage with potential new customers and followers, Instagram is simply one of the best ways to get the word out there about your company. Learn more about EDK’s Instagram marketing services: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (818) 488-1543.